AMTA is a professional organization of teachers, by teachers and for teachers who utilize Modeling Instruction(TM) in their Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) teaching practice.
If you are still looking for some top-notch professional development for the summer - look no further!
Each MODELING WORKSHOP has these features:
· Aligned with National Science Education Standards
· Focuses on all 8 scientific practices of NRC Framework for K-12 Science Education.
· Addresses multiple learning styles.
· Addresses student naive conceptions.
· Collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking.
· Systems, models, modeling.
· Coherent curriculum framework, but not a curriculum; thus flexible.
· Compatible with Socratic methods, project-based instruction, PBL, etc.
· Science & math literacy.
· Authentic assessments.
· High-tech and low-tech options for labs